Tuesday, July 22, 2014

July 22, 2014

     Good morning. Today is Mom's 73 birthday. I will try to get her down to visit with her twin some time today. I have been taking Mom down to see her every year on their birthday for the last few years. Mom don't seem to remember who she is but aunt E enjoys seeing Mom. Later today my husband, Mom, and I will have a small party for her. I made cupcakes and bought her a couple gifts and have been saving the birthday cards that have came in the mail for her to open today. Nothing big, but this weekend is her family reunion and she will get to see everyone then.
     I have been canning sliced green tomatoes so this winter we can have fried green tomatoes. The first batch I canned, a couple weeks ago, I used lemon juice as the acid and I opened a jar this week and fried them up and they tasked kinda like lemon. Mom didn't like them. They were ok just a little lemony. The last batch I used citric acid and I will open a jar sometime and fry them up and see how they turned out. I have been reading about canning meat and am excited to try that sometime in the future.
     I had a new girl come down and spend the day with Mom yesterday. She is actually a cousin. Ms. M had to call off due to a illness in her family and my husband and I already had made plans. My husband always gets ripped off in this whole deal/living arrangement/life. I feel bad that he has to miss out on things because of my responsibilities. I am grateful to have good, trained, caring relatives that are willing to help out.  
     Well I need to go. Today is going to be a busy day. Have a good day.

                                                           April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment