Thursday, July 3, 2014

July 3, 2014

     Good morning. It seems like such a long time since I have wrote. Last week was my amazing vacation week. It is so good to just spend alone time with my wonderful husband. We get along so well, we are so much alike. We enjoy doing the same things. I am very grateful to have found someone who I can just be myself around and someone who lets me just be myself and likes me for me. Though most people may look at us and think that we are boring and to some we might be but to us we are living happy and isn't that what it is all about. Happy.
     So last week while on vacation we spent a lot of time at the beach, swimming, sunbathing, people watching, talking, and just plain old relaxing. We both got a little sunburnt and tried the Earl Gray tea sunburn cure, it didn't work. Our hotel was great, small and cozy but what more do you need than a bed and shower? It also had a microwave and refrigerator. The refrigerator came in very handy to keep soda pops cold and the ice machine was great to fill our cooler up to take to the beach. Though I must say that the very cold air conditioner spoiled us a little. We went out to eat for every meal except for breakfast and my husband would go every morning to get Dunkin Donuts which was almost next door.  We ate at out favorite pizza place, Chicho's Pizza, four times. Yes, they are that good. They have a spicy sauce that is worth the 6 hour drive.
     We also ate at Hooters, my pick, once. I have a lot of opinions about that place.... I think the food is good. I had heard so many good and bad opinions about that place I wanted to go to see for myself so I could make my own opinion. The waitress.... They all had their major private spots covered but little more than that. For me being a modesty convert it was very uncomfortable to be expected to eat in that atmosphere. If you are a literal ten commandment follower and you believe looking at someone other than your spouse lustfully is adultery, a sin, then you do not want to go their. If you are in the same mind setting as me and take that idea literally and personally you also don't want to cause others to be tripped up by your own actions and attire causing them to sin, this is a perfect example of that. Men and women alike are tempted to look at areas of the female body that should be for their husbands eyes only. I have heard all the good arguments about the Hooter's company I call it BS! You still could do all the good things with shorts that cover butt cheeks and shirts that covered some cleavage. Don't even get me started on the Mothers and Grandmothers that I saw bringing young girls to eat their. That is something I don't believe should be shown as acceptable to young impressionable girls. I am done with this topic.
     We were glad to be home when vacation was over. We missed our cats and chickens. Thankfully they were all well taken care of while we were gone. The chicken had grown so much. The garden is doing well except needing a weeding badly. Next year we are planning on using plastic.
     Mom had a wonderful time with her daughter and family for the week that I was on vacation. I am so grateful to have a good family who will look after Mom when I need time away.
     Well I have wrote enough for today. Have a good day.

                                                                April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment