Friday, April 26, 2013

     Good morning. Last night I went to a lecture at a local university, it was about traveling nurses and wilderness medicine. Well it was suppose to be about those things but to me it seemed to be just about the lives of the speakers. I would have liked it to have been more about the wilderness medicine because of my interest in prepping. Information on wilderness medicine might come in handy when/if SHTF happens. But anyway being able to get out of the house and be around other adults and have adult conversation was wonderful. Most of my life is spent with my mother who has Alzheimer's. So all day I repeat the same things and explain who I am. I try to do it with love and understanding. But sometimes I just need me time. So I try to go to these lectures that Salem International University(my local university) puts on for the community. They also have a great dinner after and it was probably my favorite part. Not just for the food, even though it was very good and I ate the extra salad that belonged to the empty seat next to me, but because I can have good conversations with my table mates. The one main point that I got from the lecture is a good one and so basic that I thought I would pass it on to you. BE FRIENDLY! See told you it was very basic but I know that a lot of people have trouble with this. Life can be so busy and you seem to rush, rush, rush. But if we all would be a little more friendly it might just change the world if not at least change your day or the day of the person you are friendly to. Plus you just might make a friend.

                                                                             April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment