Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Gardening Day

     Good morning. Today my husband and I are going to go shopping for garden goodies. I started a couple seed packs about a month ago and some are doing great and some are doing nothing. The cucumbers, peas and watermelon are doing really well but the strawberries have only one started and the bell peppers have not started at all. Maybe they just take longer to start but  I really hope for the strawberries. We have decided on a good spot for a strawberry bed now just need plants to put into it.
      With the rain we have got off and on for the last two days it may not be a good day to till the garden but we are going to try. The tomato plants are not doing well, by my opinion, they need out of their pots and into the ground. I just hope that we have seen the last frost. Also I need to plant the pole beans and get them started.
       So today will be a busy day. A lot of playing in the dirt. And a lot of  good time spent with my husband. I may just wait on the seeds that have not started yet a little longer. But I know me when I see those pretty little plants at the store I will just have to bring some home.
                                                                               
                                                                               April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment