Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April 1, 2014


     Good morning. Wow, it is April already. This first week of April's weather forecast looks good, well at least it isn't calling for snow. Friday was so nice, I spent some time outside sitting in the sun and dreaming of the garden I am going to plant. We have two crocuses blooming in the yard and some other flower blooming. I am not sure what it is, I had thought it was going to be a tulip but it isn't. I think I planted it last fall thinking it was a tulip but now I am not sure what it is.
     Friday my husband and I was trying to kill time while my car was getting the exhaust worked on so we went to a thrift store to look around. I found a plate that looked like it had a picture of my church on it, the dates were right and the name was kinda right. Well I had to buy it. I took it to my cousin J's house so she could see it and it is sadly not our church. Close but not. I had thought I found something really cool.
     Yes I did it too, I knocked off my tomato plants like my husband and my cat had done. Those poor plants are not having any luck. We also have a mouse again. They keep eating my sprouted plants, they prefer the tomato and bell pepper seedlings. They also killed all my early cucumber plants. I am now using every method to kill or trap a mouse known to man. So far I have got one and there is still at least one more, it ran across my husbands feet.
     When I was making a pie last week, one of the apples had seeds that were sprouted inside. I put them in dirt and yesterday I noticed that one is growing up out of the dirt. I have moved it to a different room so the mouse can't get to it. I don't know if it will ever produce apples, being that it came from an apple from a store, you know GMOs and all, but I am going to give it a shot.
     Yesterday my husband and I went for a walk in the woods. It was so nice to get out in nature. I love walking in the woods. I am so glad the weather is getting nicer so that I can get out more often.
I can see my self going on lots of walks when I have help here with Mom.
     I need to get off here. I have a few errands to run today. Have a good day.

                                                                          April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment