Friday, February 21, 2014

February 21, 2014

     Good afternoon again. Yes I am late writing again today. I had something very important to do this morning. I went and bought a jar of raw local honey. Yummy. There is a family who lives right here close that have honey bees and sell their honey. I had been in contact with them via email and today I was finally able to make it to their house. I love supporting local families and the honey is very good and well worth the price.
     I have been working on planning what plants I want to have in the garden this year. I made a list of all the things we eat and trying to figure out how much to plant. One thing we like to eat is soup beans, great northern beans. I looked in the seed catalogs that I get and none of them sell them, so I researched them and I read that you just buy a bag from the grocery store, like the dry ones that you cook and eat, and you can plant those. My husband was a little skeptical about that and so was I. So I put some beans in wet paper towels and with in two day all have sprouted. Now to put them in dirt and hopefully I will have my own great northern beans to harvest.  I probably have started them way to early but I just love seeing things growing. I also have trouble killing plants, thinning them. You know when they say to plant a couple seeds per spot then thin out the weak ones. I just can't do it, I can't kill them. They have every right to live. Yeah I sound crazy but I just love plants that much.
     Well I need to go. I have got nothing done so far today except for getting the honey. I may have to make me a cup of hot tea with my new honey and try it out. Have a good day.

                                                        April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment