Wednesday, February 26, 2014

February 26, 2014

     Good morning. I had to miss posting on Monday because I was trying to load my anti-virus software onto my computer and was having trouble with it. I really am not computer savvy. But I guess I figured it out because it works now.
     We had a nice visit with my sister A on Sunday night. I always love getting together with my sisters. We laughed and had a good time reminiscing.
     We have snow again. As hard as I try to deny that winter is still here I guess I can't not see all the snow outside. Schools are closed again so Ms. M. is not here today. Hopefully she will be here tomorrow and the roads will be clear because I need to go to the store and get some things for Mom. Mom is going to spend the night and day with my sister M. this weekend. My husband and I are planning on going to Cabela's. Not sure what we will buy but I just love to walk through that store because it is beautiful.
     I ordered seeds that I needed this weekend. There were only a couple that I didn't get so far from the seed of the month club that we wanted. Then I organized the seeds I have, I was in seed heaven. One seed that I wanted but I couldn't find anywhere was great northern beans, you know soup beans. Then I read in a farm forum that you just use beans that you buy in the store and plant them. My husband and I were both skeptical so I put a couple beans in wet paper towels to see if they would sprout. They did, so I planted them in homemade pots, toilet paper rolls folded at one end filled with soil. Now I have beautiful bean plants growing in my windowsill. I hope they continue growing and produce a good bean crop.
     Well I need to go get something done today. Have a good day.

                                                            April Whitehair



No comments:

Post a Comment