Tuesday, March 25, 2014

March 25, 2014

     Good morning. Yes, I have decided to write on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It just seems to fit better into my life right now. Hopefully I will have more time to write and think while I write.
     My small garden in the house is doing great except for the great northern bean. Those beans were doing great until the mouse broke all the stems, I will try to plant more of them later. I actually have a few lavender sprouts, they had taken so long to grow I thought they weren't going to do anything. I made an apple pie the other day and some of the seeds in the apples were sprouted, I had never seen them sprouted in the apple before. So, yes, I put them in dirt. We will see if they actually grow. I came across a guy on FB that was offering free sugar beet seeds, he sent me some. I can't wait to see how they do. Hopefully today we get our blueberry plant planted. It came in the mail the other day. We are going to plant it in a very large flower pot, think quarter barrel. I am not sure where we are going to put it at in the house.
     We got out hotel booked for vacation this summer. We are going to stay in the same hotel we stayed at last year on the first night. I decided last year while camping with a very bad sunburn that I couldn't stay in a tent again. There was no where to cool off. We got the hotel room for a very good price. I am so excited, four days away from all responsibilities is much needed.
     Since we are staying in a hotel instead of camping we will have to pack a lot less which is nice. A bathing suit and a couple beach towels and we are packed. I bought a new bathing suit for this vacation. This is the first new bathing suit I had gotten myself in years and years. I hate to try them on, yucky. I tried on several and finally decided on the one I got which is a one piece black with silver ruffles on the top. Now I am so excited, I just can't wait.
     One of the pages I am a fan of on FB is doing a spring swap which I joined. All gifts had to be homemade. My partner was a lady in Hawaii. I made her a draw-string bag, a candle, a card, and a matching necklace and earrings. I think she liked everything. Someone from that page like the jewelry so much they asked if I sold them. Hmmm, business idea? I should be receiving my gift in a day or so. I am excited to see what I get from Hawaii. 
     I have been working on earning badges from the farmgirl club I am in. I just finished crocheting a scarf. I think it turned out well. Now I have to crochet a small blanket, I am thinking about making Mom a lap blanket for her to use while up in the wheelchair.
     Well I need to go get this day started. Have a good day.

                                                                  April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment