Friday, January 3, 2014

January 3, 2014


     Good morning or I should say good afternoon. I slept in this morning. Oops! But Mom must not have minded to much she wasn't yelling or anything. She actually seems to be in a better mood this morning than she has been in a while. I didn't even have to argue with her to take her medicine.
     Yesterday I was suppose to have help with Mom but she had to call off. Not a good day to call off. Yesterday was my husbands birthday. He always seems to get the short end of the stick. We made the best of it as we could. He had cake and got his present but he also had to work a twelve hour shift the night before and last night. I hope we can go out this weekend and do something to make up for his lousy birthday.
      I have decided to hire additional help. I talked to a girl, an old friend who is in need of a job, about coming in and helping me with Mom a couple days a week. I am having trouble dealing mentally with Mom's disease progression. When the other lady who comes in here to help two days a week calls off that leaves me with only one day a week with help, I just can't handle that. Plus when I have made plans to get out of this house and get away for a few hours and those plans change and I am stuck here I just fall apart. I had to do something and the only thing I could think of was hire additional help so that I know that hopefully I will have reinforcements here more often. We shall see how this all works out.
      Have a good day.

                                                          April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment