Friday, January 31, 2014

January 31, 2014

     Good morning. Wow my face hurts this morning. I am so tired of this sinus infection. The pain is in a different spot on my face now then it was so I hope that means that it is getting better.
     Ms. M has been a wonderful addition to our lives. I can see a difference in Mom when Ms. M is here with her. Yesterday I asked her to cut Mom's nails and she did plus painted them and put make up on her and I must say Mom looked beautiful.  She seemed to have a happy glow. We sat at the table and talked and Mom joined in, in her way, and laughed and was almost like her old self. When I said, "Mom you look very pretty." she got a big smile on her face, I haven't seen that smile in a while. I wish that Mom and I could hang out and have a girlfriend type of relationship but I seem to be so short tempered and short on patience and stressed and busy and excuse after excuse. I know there are areas where I should work on being a better daughter and caregiver to Mom. But for now I am just glad I have help that can provide some of those things that I wish I could but just can't seem to do. I provide health and safety, I just don't do well providing fun and friendship. Ms. M is not just here to provide me with a break but probably more importantly she is here to provide friendship to Mom.
     Mom and I both received cards from Aunt E. Mom got a cute get well soon card with a kitten on it. And I got a thank you card, a thank you for taking good care of my sister. That was so sweet of her and it means so much to me. I do try very hard to do the best that I can for Mom and it is nice to hear that someone else can see what I am doing and is pleased. I never was good with cards, do I send a thank you card for a thank you card?
     I need to go get this day started. Have a good day.

                                                          April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment