Monday, January 6, 2014

January 6, 2014


     Good morning. We had rain last night that turned into snow with very cold temperatures. All schools in the area are closed so the new girl that I hired is unable to come hang out with Mom today. With this weather I wouldn't want to go out in it either.
     Mom seems to be progressing in this Alzheimer's day by day. I have been unable to get her to walk. I say walk and she looks at me like I am speaking a foreign language and sometimes when she does understand to walk she will try to sit down when she isn't in a good location to sit. We have been using the wheelchair most days now, it is just safer. I borrowed the wheelchair we are using when Mom got out of the hospital from breaking her hip, I think we have had it long enough and have a call in to the doctor to get her one of her very own so we can return this borrowed one. Thanks cousin J for letting us use it for so long.
     Cousin T came down and stayed with Mom yesterday to make up for Thursday when she called off. So my husband and I were finally able to go out to eat to celebrate his birthday. We went early in the day so we got breakfast at Denny's, of course we both ate way to much. Then we went to Walmart wanting to buy a screen protector for my new tablet and a case/shell for my husbands new phone that we got for Christmas. But what we saw was that if you don't have an iPhone or an iPad then you don't matter to Walmart. Even in the section labeled tablets there was nothing but iPad accessories. Quite a disappointing shopping trip.
     I bought a pineapple and cut it up and put it in the dehydrator. Now we have dehydrated pineapple. I am not sure about it, they seem sticky. I am afraid that when I put them in a container to store them they will all stick together. Maybe I need to dust them with sugar that would make them taste sweeter anyways.
     I got four seed catalogs in the mail one day. I am sure the mail man has now realized that I am seed crazy, just a little bit. I found three seed companies that are GMO free, the fourth catalog soon met the trash can. I don't really need to buy any more seeds because I am a member of a seed club that sends me seeds every month but I love to look at all the different seeds. All three of the catalog companies that I have are like Mom and Pop companies, small family companies. I love a quote that I found in one of the catalogs, "Seeds need to be treasured and preserved-not patented, genetically modified and controlled by the world's most unethical chemical corporations who see seeds as only a means of control and profit." Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds.
     I need to get this day going. Have a good day.

                                                         April Whitehair


No comments:

Post a Comment