Saturday, December 14, 2013

December 14, 2013

     Good morning. Mom is up eating breakfast, she seems wide awake this morning and in a good mood. I hope the good mood lasts at least until cousin T gets here to give her a shower for our outing tonight. Mom was a bit crabby yesterday and wouldn't let cousin T give her a shower.
     Tonight is the church Christmas program. It is always a fun time. The children and teens of the church put on a couple plays and always the nativity, readings are read and Christmas songs are sung, and last but not least Santa stops by and hands out candy and listens to the wishes of the children and adults alike, and presents are exchanged. Then afterwards we all head to my uncles for snacks and fellowship. A wonderful time is had by all.
     Some how I got talked into helping out with the program the last couple years, probably because I really don't know how to say no.... but really I enjoy helping whether it is cleaning the church or assisting in the play practices, sharing ideas and just joining in on the good times had by being around the youth of our community.  But this year I did it... I said no. I did feel very bad about it. With all the care Mom needs and the stress I have felt lately I just couldn't let myself take on anything else. I was going to help clean the church in preparation for the program but they did the cleaning after one of the play practices and I missed it. I do feel bad now that I didn't help at all. But I really wanted to just sit in the audience and watch like everyone else.
     The program is and has been led by my wonderful cousin J. She is such a role model for me. I will never become anywhere close to being a great Christian woman like she is but I try to follow her example.
     I need to go get things going. Have a good day.

                                                         April Whitehair 

No comments:

Post a Comment