Saturday, December 28, 2013

December 28, 2013

     Good morning. Yesterday my wonderful husband bought me the thing I needed to hook my new dvd player up to the tv, so now I can watch my Little House on the Prairie dvds. Oh but just my luck my favorite episode, the whole reason that I got the complete dvd set, doesn't work. But I called the company that I bought it from and they said they would send me a new one for free. I also tried out my new hand crank grinder yesterday on some popping corn. Well it didn't work as good as I had hoped. I think I need a stone grinder instead of a disk grinder but it will work on some things and it works good enough if I would need it to. 
     I got most of the Christmas decorations down and packed away. I still have the tree up but I think it will come down today. I am not a big fan of Christmas decorations probably because I don't like knick-knacks. When I first moved in here with Mom three years ago, she had like ten boxes of Christmas decorations plus the tree. To me that is way way to much stuff! I now have cut it down to four boxes and the tree. I have been moving away from the Santa-ish decorations and more toward Christ centered decorations. Isn't that the reason for the season anyway? Though I do continue to use the decorations that have sentimental attachment for my sisters and I even though they are not religiously centered.  And I did not get rid of the decorations of Mom's that I don't use I just keep it all packed away.
     My plan for today includes a lot of cleaning and laundry. Have a good day.

                                                         April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment