Saturday, December 7, 2013

December 7, 2013

     Good morning. Yesterday I could not get Blogger to load so I was unable to post anything. Thursday cousin T came to stay with Mom and I went Christmas shopping, I got everything I wanted to get except one thing that I will have to look for later. I met up with my cousin J and ate lunch at Denny's. We ordered way to much food and had to take some home. It was great getting together and talking. I barely made it home for cousin T to leave on time. Mom did better on her new med but refused to take a shower for cousin T. I was able to get Mom to stay awake to watch the live Sound of Music that was on tv that night, she ate popcorn and drank soda pop and watched tv till about 10pm. On the other med that would not have happened.
     Yesterday cousin T came down and was able to get Mom in the shower. We really wanted her to have a shower before she went to my sister M's for the weekend. They had a choir show to go to last night and they said she did good and was smiling and singing alone with the kids. Yet again an example that the new med is better than the old one. My husband and I was able to go out alone together yesterday. We ate at Hardee's and got a little shopping done at Walmart. My washer has been driving me crazy just one thing wrong after another. First the lid lock thing broke and brother-in-law S had to come down and rewire it then sometimes I notice that the agitator thing isn't working like I think it should then the other day I noticed that it wasn't spinning until I would start it by spinning the thing my self then it would take off and spin. So I decided I had had enough with that washer so we stopped at Lowes and picked out one. Did you know that most of the new washers these days don't even have an agitator post in them any more? I don't see how that would work. I did order the cheapest one and yes it has the agitator post but it does not have a liquid fabric softener dispenser but I decided that would be ok I will just use my Downy ball that I had from years ago. Now we wait for delivery. They were not able to deliver it till December 22, I hope my old washer can hang on that long. I wash way to much laundry to be without a washer.
     Today is going to be a busy day we must get ready for our trip out of town. I still can't say where we are going but I will tell you all about it when I post on Monday. My husband has been busy getting the car ready for a long road trip and hopefully the snow will hold off till we get back home.
     A special Happy Birthday to my sister H. Hope you have a wonderful birthday. Love you.
     I need to go get ready for a busy day. Have a good day.

                                                        April Whitehair
    

No comments:

Post a Comment