Friday, December 27, 2013

December 27, 2013

     Good morning. Today feels like we are actually back to normal again. No Christmas prep, cleaning, baking, and shopping are all done. I do still have my tree up, I usually keep it up until the new year but yesterday my cat decided to climb it and knocked it down, now the tree looks strange and lopsided. I don't think I can stand looking at it for another day. I also hope to get back to taking my time writing this blog again. I know yesterday's post felt off to me but I didn't have time to rewrite it, now when I look at it I can see where there are things I was wrong about and lots of things I wanted to say that I didn't. Like I said all the family was here for Christmas lunch and that's wrong we were missing one granddaughter and four great grand kids. I tell you that it seems that everyone that is in this house in the mornings must think that when they see me sitting in front of the computer and typing that I am not doing anything and am free to have conversations. I can't talk and think and type at the same time and make any sense. During the summer it was easier because I could go outside and sit at the table on the porch and write but during the winter there is a lot less options to where I can write. I have given this some thought and you just maybe reading a post in the future that I have wrote sitting in the bathroom, it is the only room in the house that I can usually have some quiet time.
      Mom this year got mostly clothes for Christmas, she is very hard to shop for now days. She doesn't seem to get enjoyment from anything. I did get her a cute little nativity that I just think is adorable but she seen it she didn't even smile or respond in anyway when I showed it to her, other than disagree when I said it was hers' that she got for Christmas.
      My husband got several gifts for Christmas. I some how managed to get him three flashlights, oops! No, one I got him that is rechargeable and will be good do use around the house. The other two, well he needed a flashlight for work and I got him one but after I bought it I thought it was the wrong kind so I bought him a different one that I knew would work. But he said that both will work so now he has a back up anyways. He also got car seat covers and a new phone. My crazy sister M who I was talking to around Thanksgiving about my husband wanting one of those turkey fryer and I said there was no way he was getting one of those because you hear all the stories of men catching the house or  themselves on fire, well she decided that a turkey fryer would be a perfect Christmas gift for him, so now he has a turkey fryer. Thanks a lot sister M. LOL
     I told you some of the gifts I got in yesterday's post but I also got a tablet, a necklace and a dvd player. The necklace I bought myself at Kohl's during their black Friday sale. The dvd player for some reason wont work with the tv in the kitchen where I wanted it for. I got so upset last night when trying to hook it up to the tv that I called my sister A and had her bring down her son, a teenager, to hook it up for me. But he had to tell me that it wouldn't work unless I bought something else to connect it with, blah, blah, blah....... I don't know.
     Well I think I have said most of what I wanted to on yesterday's post. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. God bless.

                                                            April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment