Tuesday, November 12, 2013

November 12, 2013

     Good morning. I am very sleepy this morning. Mom was up off and on through out the night. My husband came home from work this morning and made breakfast. He is such a good husband. Now it appears that Mom is sleeping in, I must admit that I am a little jealous.
     So a couple months ago I had bought some cast iron skillets at a yard sale, I had put them away and did not do anything with them. Yesterday I decided to try to clean one of them up and season it. I must say I think I did a good job. I made cornbread in it last night for dinner and it was very good. I plan to clean a couple more of them and start using them also. 
     It snowed last night and it is still snowing right now. It looks very pretty outside, as long as you are inside a warm house looking out at it. I am hoping that I don't have to go outside for any reason today.
     My plan is to clean out the deep freezer and organize everything when I put it all back in. I never can find anything in there when I need it. The other day I was making meatloaf and when I was cutting up the onion to put in it I was thinking that most things only take about half an onion then I put the rest in the refrigerator then toss it in the garbage on garbage day. What a waste! Why don't I just cut the whole onion up use what I need and freeze the rest to use later? Even though they will be mushy when they are thawed they can be used in soups, meatloaf, fried potatoes, and etc.. There are only a couple things that require unfrozen onions that I can think of like hot dogs and topping for soup beans. So now with the chopped up onions and the chopped up bacon from the other day and the chopped up sweet banana peppers from the garden this summer and all the other usual stuff plus a giant turkey for Thanksgiving all shoved in the freezer it is getting to be a large mess.
     Well Mom is up and requiring my attention. Have a good day.

                                                   April Whitehair  

No comments:

Post a Comment