Friday, November 15, 2013

November 15, 2013

     Good morning. Last night I went to the local college for one of the lectures. This lecture was a pictorial history of Salem. The lecture was very nice though a bit long. I loved seeing all the old pictures and hearing the history of our small town. I learned a lot and I think more people from this town should learn what happened in this town and how it shaped and transformed our current lives. I was surprised to see that not as many people came than what I thought would have. I guess most people are not that interested in history. The major turn of events in the history of Salem was an oil boom, wonder what we could learn from the past that may help us during this current oil boom....
      Though the lectures are nice to hear I think myself and my teenage niece C, that also goes to the lectures, really go because they also have a very nice dinner afterward. And by nice I mean cloth napkin and several forks kind of dinner. I for one was definitely out of my comfort zone. Though I try to be lady like I just can't pull it off. My cloth napkin on my lap kept falling on the floor and my area of the table cloth seemed to be the only one covered in crumbs and spilled food. But the food was excellent. I almost tackled the waitress who missed our table when offering cool whip topping for my nieces pumpkin pie. If my niece wanted cool whip she was getting cool whip!
     The fellowship with my cousins and niece was wonderful. Actually getting out of the house and being apart of conversations with people who could carry a conversation was wonderful. Talking about things other than Mom was great though I seem to be out of the loop in regards to the outside world. Also I found it difficult to keep up with three different people talking. I think I am out of practice socializing in reality.
     A special thanks my sister H and my husband for looking after Mom so I could go.      
     I need to go. Have a good day.

                                                                      April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment