Thursday, November 14, 2013

November 14, 2013

     Good morning. I did not sleep very much at all last night. Mom slept good but I had just got into a good sleep when she decided to wake up. Mom responds so much better to my husband than she does to me. But that may be because I don't respond a nicely as he does. I try to be nice and sweet but after the fifth time saying the same thing I get irritated.
     Tonight I get to get out of this house!!! I have been invited to go to the local college to hear a lecture and eat a nice dinner. They do these lectures a few times a year, I went a couple times last spring/summer. I always have a good time no matter what the lecture is about. My husband will be here with Mom and my sister H will be here hanging out with Mom also. I am so thankful for a great family who understands that I need to get away every now and then.
     I think I am most excited about going to the lecture because I will be around other adults that can have a normal conversation with, other than my husband. Don't get me wrong I love my husband and we talk all the time and I am grateful for our good relationship but I need other adult conversations also. I miss having girlfriends. Though I don't intend to get into the details I will say that I went through a difficult time a few years back and had to walk away from all my friends. Those that know me know what and why. But now I have been thinking of trying to reconnect with some of my lost girlfriends through social media, not in person. I just hope those that were real friends will understand and honestly those that don't understand weren't real friends anyway.
     I need to go get something done today. Have a good day.

                                                        April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment