Monday, November 4, 2013

November 4, 2013

     Good morning. My husband and I had a great weekend alone. My sister M took care of Mom at her house so we could have a much needed break. The weekend was way to short but we enjoyed every moment we spent alone together.
     We went to the Memorial Dinner for my Uncle who passed away last week. Though we were all together to morn the loss of a loved one it seemed to me that it was a celebration of his life instead. I must say I do prefer the gathering of family and friends at a potluck than a funeral. My Uncle did not want a funeral and I was glad that the family respected his wishes. Though there were tears there was also a lot of good memories shared.
     At Mom's doctor appointment last week the doctor prescribed her a sleeping pill. It does work and help her sleep but it also makes her more argumentative. My sister M and brother G said they didn't notice any difference except she slept better but my husband and I can see how crabby she has gotten. I am hoping that after her body gets use to it the crabbiness will go away. If not I don't think I will be able to handle her like this for very long.
     I need to go get this day started. Have a good day.

                                                          April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment