Saturday, November 30, 2013

November 30, 2013

     Good morning. I have been very busy the last couple days and have been unable to post. Wednesday cousin T was able to get here, thankfully, and I was able to make my apple pies and get the last bit of cooking and cleaning done. Thursday was Thanksgiving and the whole family was here except for two of my great nieces and one great nephew which were spending the day with their dad. We had a lot of food and a lot of good laughs. Even though this house is small and there are a lot of us I love when we all get together, it is so good to see and talk to my nieces and nephews that I don't get to see very often. They are all growing up and becoming such fine young ladies and men.
     I believe I have said it before that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It is a holiday not based on receiving gifts but celebrating the gift of family, of being together, and being blessed with never having to walk this life alone. It is a holiday to reconnect after a long year and hopefully show each  of us that no matter where the year has taken us or where the year to come takes us love in this family is real and will remain for each and everyone of us. No mater how many miles may be between us we will always be together in our hearts.
     The day after Thanksgiving, Black Friday, my sister A and I have went shopping together for years. We both love the excitement and the savings. We get the sales papers on Thanksgiving and after we eat we sit around and plan out our shopping trip for the next day. Well we both agree that the stores opening their sales on Thanksgiving has ruined the black Friday experience, so we decided that we would not go this year and instead we would just go out to eat. We would usually shop early in the morning the eat breakfast before going home. Well we went to eat around 9am and I said we should at least stop at Kohl's and look around even though we would have missed all the good sales. After we ate we went to Kohl's and we found ourselves in a the middle of a great jewelry sale. We couldn't help ourselves and we bought several pieces. We both got Christmas gifts for a couple people and ourselves. We could not believe how good the prices were and that there was so much to choose from even with us showing up so late. I think we may have stumbled upon a new black Friday tradition.
     Well I need to go. Have a good day.

                                                              April Whitehair
    

No comments:

Post a Comment