Tuesday, September 17, 2013

September 17, 2013

     Good morning. I am so sleepy this morning. I did get some sleep but I am just tired of waking up every couple of hours. I need eight hours of uninterrupted sleep to put me back on track. Oh well. We got the cabinet moved out of the way of the bathroom door so Mom can get through with her walker. That cabinet had been in that same place longer than I have been alive. It looks so strange for it not to be there. I did have to get rid of a corner cabinet to have a place to put the other cabinet. I had to pack away a lot of glassware. Mom has way to many knick-knacks. I am not big on that kind of stuff. If it is not useful than why have it. I understand sentimental reasons for keeping something but a lot of the stuff she has came from the church rummage sale and there is no sentimental reason for keeping it. But it is not my stuff to do anything with. That puts me in a difficult spot. All I can do is pack it away and one day my sisters and I will have to sort it all.
     Yesterday I had a few hours off. My sister came down and took care of Mom so I could get out of the house. I went to the courthouse and paid Mom's taxes, shopped at the Dollar store for supplies for Mom, and stopped and picked up lunch for the three of us. Not a very fun and exciting outing but I got some things accomplished that needed done. I keep saying one of these times that I get to get out of the house I am going to do nothing, find some where to sit and be in nature. I just keep finding things I need to do.
     I need to go get to cleaning. I have never yet seen the bottom of the laundry basket. Have a good day.

                                                                       April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment