Friday, September 6, 2013

September 6, 2013

     Good morning. Yesterday was our first full day home after Mom's 12 day stay in the hospital after breaking her hip. We are trying to get on a schedule. I am a list and schedule person. I function better with knowing when to do things. We did well with our new schedule except right after my husband left for work yesterday afternoon, Mom was kicked back on the recliner and I sat down on the couch and fell asleep. We napped for about an hour and a half. I guess we both needed a nap. Well it didn't hurt the schedule to much.
     The home health care agency nurse came out yesterday and did an assessment so Mom can have physical therapy at home. We will not be having a nurse or aide coming in to help. The physical therapist came in and did his assessment. He got her up and walked her a few steps to see how she did. She did very well with him. I think better for him than for my sisters and I. He will be coming twice a week to work with her.
     I got a lot of cleaning done yesterday and the laundry pile is getting smaller. I got most of the floors mopped. I can't mop all them at once like I use to do, I have to be mindful of where Mom is, I don't want the floor to be slippery if we would need to do a transfer. Today's plan is to deep clean the couch and the recliner and of course do laundry.
    A cramp in my calf muscle woke me up this morning. I am limping around. It is very painful. I hope it stops hurting soon or it will be difficult to do all the things I want and need to do today. But I will be ok. I am sure it is not even a fraction of the pain Mom experiences.
     Have a good day.

                                                             April Whitehair 

No comments:

Post a Comment