Monday, September 23, 2013

September 23, 2013

     Good morning. Yesterday I decided not to post. Honestly I logged on to Blogger but felt that I shouldn't write anything. Maybe by that one decision I have decided to keep the Sabbath holy or as holy as I can. There are things in my life at this time that I can not neglect for a day.
     Mom is doing well, full of spunk. Crabby as ever. Her Alzheimer's creates problems, she doesn't remember breaking her hip or being in the hospital for 12 days. She will argue that there is nothing wrong with her. Even when I show her the discharge paper from the hospital that has her name on it and the diagnosis of a broken hip, she doesn't believe it. I am so afraid she will fall again. She thinks she can walk all by herself but when she tries she stumbles all over. She says she doesn't want to use the walker because people will think she is old.
     One of her daughters stopped down for a visit on Saturday evening. Even though Mom may have not remembered her name while she was here, Mom did think of her all night. Every time she yelled for me throughout the night she would yell her name. I just wish that everyone would understand that even though her mind may not work like it use to the soul/spirit is the same.
     It is time to get Mom up and the day started. Have a good day.

                                                              April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment