Thursday, September 5, 2013

September 5, 2013 We are home!

     Good morning. We are home! We got home before noon yesterday. It is so good to be home. Mom still says 'I want to go home'. But she seems more comfortable here and able to relax more. Her dog, Lucky, was so happy to see her, she didn't seem as excited and I think him jumping around on her lap was painful. My sister came home with us and stayed for a while. She, my husband and myself got her up and walked with the walker from the kitchen to the recliner in the living room. This was the first time my husband and I had seen her walk that far. I was usually with Mom at night and missed all the therapy she got during the day. She did very well. It impressed me how well she did and I think it also impressed my husband. My other sister came up and helped me with the evening walk. We didn't try to walk as far, it was our first time walking her. Walking hurts Mom but she didn't complain to much. She will be getting physical therapy at home. We should be getting a call from them today to set up times the therapist will be here. Though I am glad Mom will be getting help, it is also strange that there will be a stranger in the house a couple times a week.
     I know that I have complained a lot in the past about the amount of laundry I had to do but now it is unreal. She has many accidents. I think I did 4 loads yesterday and I have one in the dryer and one in the washer now. I need more bed pads and more night gowns. She has a night gown on all day because it is easier and more comfortable for her than wearing pants or shorts.
     She slept well last night. Only waking up once so far and that was because her bed was wet. I actually got sleep also. I sleep on the couch to be closer to her so I can hear her if she needs me. She is still asleep, I can hear her snoring. I am trying to be as quiet as I can be, I so don't want to wake her up yet. Once she wakes up than the day begins and it will be a busy and eventful day.
     I must go finish up the laundry, I know that as soon as she wakes up I will have another load to do. Have a good day.

                                                                   April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment