Wednesday, September 18, 2013

September 18, 2013

     Good morning. Mom is still in bed and I am up with coffee in hand. Yesterday's physical therapy went well. She is walking so much better than before. During therapy she was very contrary to me. I am pretty sure she hates me. Anything I say she disagrees or will say, "How would you know." She definitely has a mean streak. I try not to take it to heart. She kept trying to secretly tell the physical therapist that we will not let her go home. She just wants to go home and see her mommy and daddy she says. It is heart breaking to see your own mother cry because she wants to see her mother and father who has died around thirty years ago. As a nurse you are taught to always reorient but at times I think that is cruel. So following my training as a nurse I should tell her every time she asks to see her mom that her mom is dead, this makes her sad and she cries and morns the loss of her mother. And repeat this several times a day. That to me is just cruel! I would rather just change the subject. When reorientation does not work cruelty is not the answer.
     Update on my trying to do yoga. Well I think I have actually tried to do yoga once since then. But I have done normal regular exercises on the yoga mat a time or two. Crunches, push-ups, squats and things like that. My problem is the time of day I am trying to workout. I would like to exercise at night after I put Mom to bed but by then I an so exhausted that doing anything, moving period is just not going to happen. So I really need to find a different time of day to exercise. I am busy all day so I don't know when it would be.
     I must go and get the day started. Have a good day.

                                                                    April Whitehair 

No comments:

Post a Comment