Monday, September 9, 2013

September 9, 2013 First time canning !

     Good morning. Mom is awake already, eating breakfast. She woke up way to early for me this morning. I usually have time to drink a cup of coffee or two before she wakes up. Well we will just have to make the best of it. Today my sister is going to come down and help me with Mom. It will be nice to get some help. My husband can only do so much. I feel that certain things are inappropriate for a son-in-law to do for his mother-in-law. But if he needed to do them I know he would, and not complain about it. I have not been able to leave the house for longer than 30 minutes at a time, once to the dollar store and once to a cousin's yard sale. I am afraid she will have to pee while I am gone and I don't want to put my husband it that situation. So while she is here I may see if I can go somewhere, anywhere to recharge. I am needing to buy floor tiles for the bathroom, I may go to the store and look at those.
      Yesterday I finally got to use my birthday present. I canned for the first time ever. I canned green beans from my garden. I had enough beans for nine pints.

     I as very worried that I would do something wrong and they would not turn out right. But they sealed and they look good. We will have to see how they taste. Now that I have done it I think it is very cool. I am trying to find other things to can. I have a Christmas wish already, I want the set of accessories that you use for canning. I have the funnel, and the lid magnet but I don't have the head space ruler and I thought I had a jar lifter but I can't find it. I think my husband was impressed that I actually canned something.
     I must go clean this house before my sister gets here. Have a good day.

                                                                      April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment