Sunday, September 8, 2013

September 8, 2013

     Good morning. I have been to busy with Mom to check the garden lately so I made myself go out and see what was going on this morning. Insert super sad face here! My husband's biggest pumpkin has rotted, it was only just a little bigger than a softball. My birdhouse gourds are rotting one by one. What is the cause of all this? My guess is the rainy summer we have had is the culprit. The green beans are doing great, there is already another pot full on them. Hum... maybe I should see if I have enough to can. Probably not. Plus I don't know when I would find the time to do it.
     Mom is doing well. Everyday she seems to be able to walk a little better. Her confusion seems to be getting worse by the day. I am having difficulty when dealing with her confusion. Basic simple tasks seem impossible for her to do. For example taking her medicine she puts the pill in her mouth then puts a spoonful of oatmeal in her mouth. I say, "Take a drink after you put a pill in your mouth." She says,  "Oh is that how you do it?" On and on all day long. I get frustrated easily. I am quick to annoy. I know I have issues that I need to work on. I have been working on my character qualities.      
     There are 49 character qualities that that you learn about in the Bible. They help you be more Christ like in your everyday life. Yesterday evening I was drawn to study three qualities in particular. Hospitality, reverence and generosity. How did I come about studying these three? I have been reading the Bible daily for a long time. I try to read a chapter a day. Some days I read more some days I don't read any at all. Well yesterday I had read my chapter already but while working with Mom I got frustrated and decided that I should read more, maybe it would help me. In the chapter I read it said 9th year and 10th month and 10th day. So something said to me to look at my character quality chart. I counted across 9 qualities and it was hospitality. Across 10 and it was reverence. Down 10 and it was generosity. That is how I landed on those three qualities. Each of those three qualities are things that I need to work on to be a better daughter/caregiver. I have been trying to reflect on those qualities and the scriptures that go with them while working with Mom. I am trying to be a better person, daughter, caregiver, wife, sister, cousin, friend.
     Have a good day.

                                                                 April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment