Tuesday, September 3, 2013

September 3, 2013

     Good morning. Yesterday my brothers-in-law, my husband and two of my nephews built my Mom a ramp. One step closer to getting her home. Today the doctor, nurses, social worker, and therapist will be having a meeting on when to discharge her. I so hope that they stay with the original day, tomorrow. I have already got her room set up and ready for her. I  am so tired of being in this hospital and Mom is too.
     While I was at home yesterday I did not get to take a nap instead I watched the guys build the ramp and I did a lot of laundry and I got to look around at the garden. I cleaned off the fermented tomato seeds and set them out to dry. I seeded a second tomato from my sister's heirloom tomato plant and set those out to dry. I am doing a experiment to see if fermenting or not fermenting is better. I was able to get about nine leaf lettuce seeds and boy are they tiny. I am having trouble with the birdhouse gourds, the biggest one has rotted and a couple of the others look like they may do the same thing. I am blaming it on all the rain. My husband's pumpkin is getting so big and there are several more small ones also. And I have way to many sunflower seeds. I am also thinking of adding different types of sunflowers next year to the garden, ones you can eat or ones you can make oil from.
     I am going to go. Have a good day.
  
                                                                         April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment