Monday, September 30, 2013

September 30, 2013

     Good morning. I had a great weekend alone with my husband. Mom spent most of the weekend with my sister. Saturday we went to the Buckwheat festival. Way to many people, we are not big fans of large crowds. I did get some buckwheat seeds and a couple wheat berries, both good for my seed supply. I also got a funnel cake and some craft and sewing ideas. I just enjoy spending some alone time with my husband. The drive was nice with all the leaves beginning to change colors. Saturday evening we bought our new couch and brought it home. With help from my sister and brother-in-law to get the old couch out and the new couch in. We got it at Big Lots, it was the cheapest place around and the couch is very nice, I am very happy with it. Now I want the matching recliner to go with it.
     Mom returned Sunday, yesterday, around noon. She seemed to have had a good time. My sister and brother-in-law looked very tired. It is hard work keeping Mom entertained, safe and happy. Mom also got to spend time with two of her grandsons, she loves those young men so much. It is good for her and them to spend time together.
     I bought a baby monitor so I can now sleep in my own bed at night instead of the couch. Last night was the first night using it. It worked very well.
     My husband just left to go out of town for work for the week. He will be gone for six weeks but home on the weekends. I don't know what I will do without him. He is my support. Every evening he helps me with Mom when her dementia is at its worst. Now with him gone I don't know how I will be able to cope or stay calm or even get dinner cooked and on the table. I guess I will just do it, one minute, one second at a time. I am going to miss him so much.
     I better go, Mom will be awake any minute. Have a good day.

                                                                   April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment