Thursday, September 26, 2013

September 26, 2013

     Good morning. Yesterday's migraine headache is finally gone. I was so sick with it I was unable to post anything. But this morning is a lot better already, coffee in hand, birds chirping outside, and Mom snoring in her bed. Having a migraine while taking care of someone with Alzheimer's isn't fun. I tried to lay down on the couch and rest, knowing that if I could have slept for a little bit it would have went away, but that didn't work. Mom would say, "What's wrong?" Me, "I have a headache." Her, "Sorry." Two minutes later, Mom, "What's wrong?" Repeat, repeat, repeat, and repeat. So I never did get to sleep till last night.
     Today I will be getting Mom packed for her weekend with her oldest daughter and son-in-law. I am very excited to have a couple days off to spend time with my husband before he goes out of town. I think I am most excited to sleep in my own bed. Hopefully this weekend we can find a new couch, this old one is starting to hurt my back. I was looking at a futon from Ollie's that was in the sales paper but I seen it in the store on Monday and it is very small. Long enough for short me to lay on just fine but it seems miniature, probably made for a small apartment. But it was very soft and comfy. I will be looking at other places and see if I can find something a little bigger.
     I need to be going. I hear Mom moving around in bed, she will be up soon wanting breakfast. Have a good day.

                                                                     April Whitehair 

No comments:

Post a Comment