Thursday, September 19, 2013

September 19, 2013

     Good morning. It is way to early for me to be awake this morning but Mom needed my assistance earlier. So since I am awake I might as well start my day. I just wish Mom would take a nap during the day so I could too. Today is her physical therapy day so I doubt that we will even get a chance to try.
     My sister was down yesterday to stay with Mom so I could get out of the house for a while. I am enjoying reconnecting with her. Our lives have seemed to be so different for so long that we had grown apart, each just trying to live our own lives. I love all my sisters. It is nice to get to talk about thoughts and feelings and remember things from our childhood. I also think it is funny that her youngest son is alike me in some ways, my poor sister. I am grateful to have someone who understands the stress of taking care of Mom, and the sadness of watching her become someone that we don't know. It is very hard to be here for Mom, she is like someone I never knew not the Mom that loved me and cared for me, the Mom I would talk to when I had a problem, the Mom I knew that no matter what I did she would support me. How could I turn my back on her? How could I walk away and never see her or visit with her? How could I allow my selfish desires to keep me away from her? How could I abandon her just because seeing her makes me sad?
     I need to go get the day going. Have a good day.

                                                                   April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment