Saturday, September 21, 2013

September 21, 2013 Slow cooker chicken and dumplings.

     Good morning. Mom was awake early this morning which means that I was awake early this morning. I can't seem to stop yawning. Coffee can start working anytime now.
     I finally got Mom's nails cut yesterday then the bath aide came and painted her nails. I didn't think a shower two days in a row was necessary and Mom hates them. It is so nice to have someone come here and spend time with Mom. Someone to distract her and entertain her. I am no fun for her anymore. I was able to go in the laundry room and do laundry without going to check on her every minute. She has been getting up all on her own and trying to walk. She is definitely getting better.
     I was able to collect more lettuce seed yesterday. My seed stockpile is getting bigger and bigger. I have been looking into aquaponics. Aquaponics is a grow system that has fish in a tank with plants growing on top. The fish feed the plants and the plants feed the fish. I found a small tank system that I would like to have to try this but it is expensive to me. You can make your own but all I can find directions for is very large systems. I just want one that would sit on the kitchen counter and grow herbs. I showed my husband and told him to put it on my Christmas wish list. I think there may be small aquaponic systems available cheaper as we get closer to Christmas.
     I found a recipe on face book the other day and decided to try it, slow cooker chicken and dumplings. It was what was for dinner yesterday. I was wonderful! We all liked it, my husband even went back for thirds. It was very easy. This is my interpretation of that recipe.
     Boneless skinless chicken tenderloins, cut into 1 inch pieces
     Two cans of cream of chicken soup
     Three cans of water
     Two Tablespoons butter
     Half an onion diced
     Put all in a slow cooker. High for 5 hours and 30 minutes.
     One tube of Grands biscuits, each biscuit torn into fourths. Roll in flour. Drop into slow cooker.             
     Continue cooking for 30 minutes.
     Stir and serve.

      Have a good day.

                                                         April Whitehair






 

No comments:

Post a Comment