Monday, October 14, 2013

October 14, 2013

     Good morning. The other day I told you that I had got a chainsaw, this weekend I have been working on cutting down trees on the hill behind the house. It is going very slowly. The trees are very small and there are a lot of them. My husband came out to help when I got to a tree that was a little to tall, I was scared that it would hit the house. I am learning more with every cut. While cutting yesterday I slipped in the mud and twisted my ankle. It hurt so bad. For a minute I thought it was broke. I got back to the house and my husband had to take care of me. When I twisted my ankle, I banged my ankle bone on something and cut it, so he had to clean the cut with peroxide. I cried, I am such a baby sometimes. I think it is funny that I can climb a hill and cut down trees with a chainsaw and think I am big and bad but I cry over peroxide being poured on a cut. He made me lay down on the couch with an ice pack on my ankle and he gave me ibuprofen. So he spent most of the day taking care of Mom and me. This morning it is feeling better, a little stiff and slightly swollen.
     So I think I have decided not to get chickens in the spring. I thought about the cost verses the profit and I can't justify the cost. We are only a family of three, we don't use all that many eggs. We do eat a lot of chicken though. But I don't think I would be able to kill a chicken I raised from a baby. I mean I could if we were starving but we are not starving. So now to think about what I should do with the old chicken coop building that I was going to fix up. I have some ideas but I will think about them for a while before I let you know what crazy thing I plan to do next.
     My husband has just left again for his week away for work. Four more weeks to go. I miss him so much when he is gone. I never think I can make it another week without him but somehow I get through.
     Mom is up and making no sense at all. I need to go figure out what she wants. Have a good day.

                                                              April Whitehair   

No comments:

Post a Comment