Saturday, October 26, 2013

October 26, 2013

     Good morning. Last night was a good night here, my husband carved the pumpkin he grew in the garden. The pumpkin is rather large and it has the thickest walls I have every seen. The three of us set around the kitchen table and laughed and talked. Mom seemed to be having a particularly good time she kept saying things like, "I am so glad you two are here." and "I love you guys." She made fun of my husband and laughed and talked more than I have seen her do in a while. The jack-o-lantern turned out good. I think the pumpkin should have matured on the vine a little longer, its not uniformly orange, but the frost made that decision. So I set and picked out all the seeds and with the pumpkin being so large the seeds were huge and a lot of them. This was the first time as an adult that I ever roasted pumpkin seeds and for some reason they didn't turn out like I thought they should. My husband didn't like them at all, I think it was the first time he had ever tried them so I wish they would have tasted better. But I think with the pumpkin being slightly immature the seeds were not as mature as should have been either. 
      So as I said the other day the living room heating stove has not been working right. Though it is working ok right now, I still don't trust it. My husband has went to the store to buy us a new one, hopefully it will work and take care of any of my concerns. I still think the old stove works just not with the amount of pressure that is in the gas line. So if anyone needs a heating stove I will have one to sell, I am not responsible for any accidents that happen if you use it. We just bought it last fall, it is still fairly new and has not been used much.
     I have to go get this day started. Have a good day.

                                                             April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment