Friday, October 25, 2013

October 25, 2013

     Good morning. Well we got a hard frost last night, hard enough to take down the pumpkin vines. Not sure how the birdhouse gourds fared, I will go check them out later today.
     My husband comes home today! I miss him so much. Only two more weeks left of him working out of town then he is home for good. But before he gets home today I need to get this house cleaned up. But Mom doesn't help this goal at all. She is currently in the bathroom pulling things out of dresser drawers and dumping her jewelry boxes. She doesn't listen when I ask her to stop and she gets angry and yells, so I have decided, at least for now, I would just let her do what ever she wants and clean up the mess later.
     I have found some very interesting shows on you tube. I have been watching shows about experiments where they send people to live like they were in the 1800's. Learning the farming and cooking aspects of their life is very interesting to me. Also interesting was watching the children ages from 4 to 16. They came into this experiment not wanting to do it and missing the video games and computers and phones and friends and came away completely changed, matured people. Once they returned home they were so bored with the norm. This may be some of the reason why teen pregnancy and teen drug use is so rampant, put a shovel in their hands and cows to milk and they wont be bored enough to try and find things to do...
     I have lots to get done in a short time. Have a good day.

                                                          April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment