Tuesday, October 22, 2013

October 22, 2013

     Good morning. I am so sleepy this morning. Mom is already up and driving me crazy. I so hope that my sister M shows up today so I can get out. Not to sure what I am going to do, I might go look for some blue jean skirts for winter. I seem to be having trouble finding them anywhere.
     It is a rainy yucky day. It has been so cold that we have to keep the fire lit for Mom. She is always so cold. The heating stove in the living room doesn't work correctly so I am to afraid to use it. The gas pipe under the house needs changed, I think. That may be a project I get my husband to do when he is home from working out of town.
     I haven't been able to get back on the hill to cut down more trees. I am unable to do it while I am home alone with Mom. Hopefully this weekend when my husband is home I will be able to get up there and get something done.
     The pumpkins and gourds fared well with the light frost the other night. I looked it up and the pumpkins will be ok and the gourds, well some people just leave them out all winter to cure. But I really don't think mine were done growing so they probably won't make it. I will try to grow them again next year but plant them much sooner.
     I need to go. Have a good day.

                                          April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment