Tuesday, October 15, 2013

October 15, 2013

     Good morning. I sure am running behind today. All morning long it has been just one thing after another. But I have a few minutes now. Mom is working with her physical therapist right now. She is doing so much better with her walking. We don't use the walker as much anymore. Around the house she does well just holding on to the furniture, the walker is confusing to her and sometimes she gets it caught on things and almost falls because of it. The therapist said it was ok for us not to use the walker around the house. But we will still use it when we are out. Her last physical therapy visit is on Thursday. So he must think she is walking well enough to not need physical therapy anymore.
     My ankle is getting better. It only hurts when I move it a certain way. But it did hurt a lot last night probably because I was on it all day yesterday. I am hoping to buy a pair of boots with good tread to wear when I am on the hill cutting trees. I hate having to stop and rest my ankle for a few days, I would love to be up there cutting trees and being in nature.
     Not much else is going on. My husband is still out of town for work, we miss him so much. My sister H stopped by yesterday evening to check in on us. I am so grateful to have her around. My other sister M will be stopping down after she gets off work so I can go to the store. I am so grateful to have her around also. Once Mom gets to walking better I should be able to have her tag along with me when I go out but right now walking around a grocery store would be to much for her. But when that time comes I still hope my sisters will come and let me get out of the house by myself every now and again.
     I need to get some laundry done and some other things caught up on. Have a good day.

                                                                April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment