Friday, October 4, 2013

October 4, 2013

     Good morning. Yesterday was a blah day. Nothing to write about. I still miss my husband, he should be home sometime today. Mom is still kicking and appears to be sleeping in this morning. She wanted to stay up late last night watching tv.
     I found yesterday a blog where you can calculate how much of each vegetable and fruit you would need to plant to feed your family for a year. I was very happy to find this info because I had been thinking for a while about how much I would need to plant next spring. Now I have all the info I will need to do it. Except for one problem, I am very, very bad at math. I mean very bad. I am ok with basic math but this is more like algebra.  I tried to figure it out and walked away and came back and tried again and I still can't figure it out. I will try again and hopefully I can grasp it. I may need my husband to help me. It will be very helpful when planning my garden next year.
     I so need a root cellar. I have been looking up info on different ways to create a small one. It may be a project for next summer. That is if I have any space left to put one after planting everything that I want to.
     Mom is up wanting attention. I must go get this day started. Have a good day.

                                                          April Whitehair 

No comments:

Post a Comment