Monday, October 7, 2013

October 7, 2013

     Good morning. My husband has just left for his week away again for work. I always miss him so much when he is gone but I was able to make it through last week so I am hoping that I will be able to get by without him again this week.
     Saturday was the Salem Apple Butter Festival parade. I was able to go and take Mom. I think she had a good time though she complained about everything. Some of her friends and family stopped and talked to her. I am very thankful to the family and friends that we have. They were so helpful with her. Whether it was pushing her wheelchair through the festival or helping us find a parking spot or keeping an eye on her so I could go get us something to drink or talking and entertaining her or buying her an umbrella to keep the sun off her, it all was greatly appreciated. Caring for a loved one is not a individual job it takes a community.
     I am a member of a group on face book where people share non-gmo seeds and information. I so far have received Marigold seeds from a woman in Texas. I think that is so cool. I know I can get Marigold seed around here but getting seeds for free and from another state is pretty cool. I am hoping to get some other seeds. Sadly I don't have any seeds to share except for some sun flower seeds which no one seems interested in. Maybe next year I will have lots of seeds to share.
     I need to get off here and get the day started. I have so much laundry built up from the weekend I don't ever think I will be done with it. Have a good day.

                                                              April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment