Wednesday, October 9, 2013

October 9, 2013

     Good morning. My brother-in-law came down yesterday evening and fixed my washer, I am super happy to have a working washer again. I told Mom if he didn't come down I was going to have to go to the creek and beat our clothes off a rock. She found that very funny. Now I have to do laundry and that is no fun.
     My sister M came down yesterday to spend time with my Mom and let me get out of the house for a while. She took Mom to visit with Mom's brother who has cancer. They said he is doing ok, not great but ok. This makes Mom very sad, she talked about it all evening.  He is such a good guy. Cancer sucks!
     So Mom keeps asking to help me with what ever I am doing, be it laundry or dishes or mopping the floor. There isn't much she can do and it makes her sad that she can't help. As for dishes she hates to put her hands in water so she can't help much there, and with the walker she can't carry dishes. Laundry she can't fold, she gets confused on how to fold a wash rag and cries. And mopping the floor is out of the question, woman with broken hip, walker and unsteady to begin with on a wet floor is not gone to happen. So I have been trying to think of some things she could do with me. The day before yesterday we sorted my seed collection and sorted the different types of sunflower seeds that accidentally got mixed up together. It was difficult for her but we managed to get it done. I think she just liked looking at the different pictures on the seed envelopes. Yesterday while I was out I bought us a puzzle to work on. An easy one, only 300 pieces, most are 1000 pieces, and the pieces are the big ones not tiny little ones. I sorted out all the edge pieces and tried to get her to help me put it together. She can't do it. I would even give her two pieces that went together and asked if she could try and put them together and she couldn't. It made her cry. So no more puzzles for us. Tonight we will try coloring, but I think that may be to hard for her as well. I remember her at Bible school and how she had a hard time coloring, she would get upset if she colored outside of the lines. I am at a loss of what to do with her. Do you have any suggestion on what we could do to give her some kind of entertainment, some since of worth?
     Well I must go get this day started. Have a good day.

                                                           April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment