Wednesday, July 10, 2013

July 10, 2013

     Good morning. Yes it is raining again. My poor tomato plants are starting to look bad due to all the rain. Everything else seems to be enjoying all the rain. We were able to pick and eat more fried green tomatoes yesterday. Mom loves them so much and so does my husband and I. I have yet been able to let any tomatoes get red before picking and frying them. But with all the smaller ones on the plants there will be plenty to get ripe.
     Yesterday I worked on sorting and organizing some of the stuff that will go into the new storage building. I completed all the clothes. Well to be truthful all I really did was transfer all the winter clothes from boxes and bags into totes. I didn't do much sorting but in my defense it was to hot to try on and decide if warm winter clothes still fit and needed to be kept so I decided that is better to be done when it gets cold out, like next winter. And now I am out of totes. I need to buy more but those things cost money and I think I will have to wait before I can purchase anymore. By standing in the old house and scanning and doing a basic estimated count of how many totes I will need it appears that I will need a total of 23 smaller sized ones. That will be a lot of money whether I buy the smaller ones or the larger ones. Keeping clothes to me is not a hoarder issue in my opinion. You never know when you might need other clothes whether they are to small or large or just not your style anymore they might come in handy sometime in the future. You might know someone who is going through a difficult time and need clothes and you could be able to help. You could use old clothes for fabric to make other things. Or some day you may just need to wear what ever you have even if it is stained or out of style. Clothes are expensive and when I buy something I try to take care of it so it will last a long time and I have a hard time parting with it. But usually when I do decide to get rid of clothes I first think if I can use it for other things but if it is good and no holes or stains I will donate it to the church rummage sale.
     Mom just woke up and asked how she got here. She has lived here for over 40 years. She is getting harder to reorient. Not much to do about that. She looks at me now like she has no idea who I am. Like I am a stranger. And like she is in a strange place. I don't know how to help her, I don't think there is anyway to help except to be here and try to be as compassionate and supportive as I can.
     I must go and see if she needs anything. Have a good day.

                                                                         April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment