Thursday, July 4, 2013

July 4, 2013 Fried Green Tomatoes!!

     Good morning. Everyone is awake and good this morning. It is America's birthday. We don't have any plans to celebrate, we might go watch fireworks tomorrow night. If we had a grill we would have hamburgers, but I hate any food cooked on charcoal so it would have to be a gas grill. Maybe one day we will buy one.
     Yesterday we picked a couple green tomatoes from the garden, yes they were from my husband's tomato plant. We had fried green tomatoes! They are my favorite thing made from the garden. I wait all year for fried green tomatoes. And they definitely didn't disappoint. Everything else in the garden is growing well. The peas are ready to pick but I am not sure about them only some are ready what am I suppose to do with a few peas? I will have to look into it.
     It feels like it will be another hot day today. I should go get started with all the things I want to do before it gets too hot. Have a good day.

                                                                 April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment