Friday, July 26, 2013

July 26, 2013 Party Planning.

     Good morning. I am up and have already baked a cake. Now to let it cool so I can put icing on it. We will be celebrating Mom's 73'd birthday and my nieces 10th birthday. My sister is getting her a pony cake. I think my little pony, I would love a my little pony cake. They were one of my favorite things as a kid. So I decided that a separate cake for Mom might be special. It hopefully will be a heart shaped white layer cake probably with just white frosting and maybe a decoration of some kind. I say hopefully because it isn't finished yet, who knows how it will turn out. I am not very creative. But I will try. The reason it will be just white cake and white icing is because that's what I have on hand. I always try to keep a box of cake and icing because you never know when or why you might need it. It has came in handy a time or two.
     Yesterday's laundry was an undertaking. I washed all the sheets, blankets, and pillow cases that was in the linen closet. And let me tell you there was a lot, seriously! Anyway after washing and hanging them all out to dry I decided that there was way to much. Plus most of them we didn't even ever use. So I decided to sort them and pack away the ones that doesn't fit any of the beds in the house. Now if there is ever an issue with a bad odor in there I wont be washing all those again. They are all done and put away. Oops I forgot about the three blankets still hanging on the front porch. So I guess I am almost done.
     I have a lot to do today to get ready for the party. Hopefully it will be nice out and we can spend most of the time outside. We have a large front porch, great spot for birthday parties. Many a birthday has been celebrated out there. I shall go and get busy. Have a good day.

                                                                 April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment