Tuesday, July 30, 2013

July 30, 2013 Green Beans on the Ceiling

     Good morning. I woke up early then everyone else woke up shortly after. So no quiet me time this morning. Oh well. At least my husband understands that I need some quiet private time to think and type each morning. Mom on the other hand never understands even when I say please let me have a few minutes, she keeps on talking. I guess I should be thankful that she can still talk. I know one day I will miss it.
     Garden check showed nothing new. Except maybe a few more green bean that I had not seen before. And a long awaited baby, baby bell pepper. I just may have bell peppers after all. I think I have finally decided to join that seed of the month club that I was talking about. My husband says it is ok. Maybe I will do that today. It will be exciting to get new seeds every month. I will keep you posted as to what seeds I actually get each month. And if anyone is interested in joining just ask and I will give you the info where to join.
     I have realized that the amount of produce I will have this year will probably not be enough to warrant the purchase of a canner. But maybe that will be something I will work on saving for during the winter so I can have it for next year. I am sure I will have some embarrassing stories of my mistakes while learning the art of canning. I have been reading and studying up on it and it sounds a little complicated. But for me I only learn something by doing not by reading. I have to have hands on experience to understand and learn.
     Mom use to can a lot when I was a kid but it was treated as a scary and dangerous thing. I was never aloud to be present when she did certain things. One time she had a jar of green beans explode, there was green beans all over the kitchen. I remember seeing the aftermath, green beans on the ceiling. That was frightening to a little girl.
     I have lots to do today. I have been considering washing all the clothes hanging in Mom's closet. And let me tell you that is a lot of clothes. Some she hasn't worn for years. Some that don't fit anymore. I may be able to get rid of several things and place them in the church rummage sale if I can get it done before this weekend. So I shall go and see if I can get started on that. Have a good day.

                                                                 April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment