Tuesday, July 9, 2013

July 9, 2013 Garden

     Good morning. A quick and rainy walk through the garden this morning showed some good progress. I have some blooms finally on the bean plants, I was beginning to think that they were going to be all leaves and very tall. Our tomato plants are over full of tomatoes, what ever will I do with all these tomatoes? The banana pepper plants are doing wonderful, we had fried potatoes with sweet banana peppers in them last night for dinner and they were very good. The sunflower plants that I planted from seed that I collected from last years dwarf sunflower plants have now grown so tall that they are taller than I am. And there are lots of them. I will have lots of seeds this harvest and with any luck lots of sunflowers next year. I have lots of cucumber plants that are growing like crazy but only one cucumber that I can see. Not sure why but there are lots of blooms so there should be more cucumbers soon. The pumpkin and gourd plants are growing also.
     I went to the Dollar Store last night in the search of some totes that I need to repack our stuff to be placed in the new storage building that we are close to completing. Well the Dollar store was out of totes, can you believe that? But luckily the Family Dollar had plenty to chose from and I was able to buy six of them to get me started with the sort and packing. How did I accumulate so much junk? I do have a hoarder gene in my DNA, which I am actively fighting. But there are some things like childhood things that hold many good memories that I just cant part with. Those things I will keep, I just can't part with them. But I do hope I can cut down everything to about half. We shall see. Now with all this talk about it I want to get started. So I shall go and get to it.
     Have a good day.

                                                                 April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment