Sunday, August 11, 2013

August 11, 2013

     Good morning. I actually slept last night. With my husband off work today he took over answering the knock at the door by Mom in the middle of the night. I got myself a good husband, I think he is a keeper.
     I have been thinking about where to keep the chickens I plan on getting. I have decided that if the old cross tie building that at one time was used as a chicken coop is worth saving I will try to fix it back up and use it. My Dad had chickens in that coop at one time but since he stopped keeping  chickens the building was used as a junk storage. Well the building is not in the best of shape. Some of the cross ties need to be replaced but I think it is fixable. I spent yesterday pulling out some the junk. I just wanted enough stuff out so I could get a good look at the walls to see how bad they actually were. Today I will show my husband and let him decide if he thinks it will be worth saving. I really hope he thinks it will be worth fixing. I hate to see that old building waste away and be useless when it could be used for something good. It will take a lot of work. It also needs a new roof. I may be getting in over my head.
     Last night we went to my cousin's house for a back to school hot dog roast for the kids from the church and the community. We have such a good time when we all get together. A lot of laughs. Mom likes to get out of the house and my husband was able to stop by after he got off work. We ate and laughed. The kids start back to school so early this year. I don't understand their reasoning for it.
     Well today is church day, I must go get ready. I will have a busy day trying to talk my husband into seeing my vision for the chicken coop. Have a good day.

                                                                 April Whitehair 

No comments:

Post a Comment