Friday, August 16, 2013

August 16, 2013 Seasons

     Good morning. I am feeling better today than I was yesterday. I must stop feeling sorry for myself and get moving. I got several things done yesterday. I have been doing a bit of fall cleaning, kind of like spring cleaning. I know it is not fall just yet but it has felt like it lately. And fall is my favorite time of the year. I am looking forward to it very much this year. I love the change in the colors of the leaves and the natural beauty of the world around me. Most people I know feel that spring is the best time of the year and I can admit that it is nice to see the new blooms of tulips after a long hard cold winter. But for me the fall is best. A nice cooling period after a long hot sticky summer. A relaxing time to set on the front porch swing and sip ice tea or take a walk and soak up all the colors the mountains can come up with. I see natural life at its grandest. In the spring you see the first days of life, the first buds on the trees, the first blooms of all kinds of pretty things. In the fall I see last flourish of life. one last chance for leaves to shine, to show them selves off before the world, for the trees to say hey look at me, here I am, I am beautiful, all the while knowing that soon it will sleep, soon it will hide away its beauty, awaiting it's time to shine again. Seasons of life, seasons of nature. All are a magnificent creation of God. After winter, spring; after death, heaven. Maybe there is something to that spring time that is good. Hum now I need to think.
     Have a good day.

                                                       April Whitehair 

No comments:

Post a Comment