Sunday, August 25, 2013

August 25, 2013

     Good morning. Mom's surgery went well yesterday. They were able to use the pin to fix to break instead of having to do the hip replacement. The doctors are very positive about her recovery. If she tries really hard to get up and moving she will hopefully be accepted in to rehab and get back somewhat to her old self. I was able to go home shortly after she returned to her room and we seen she was ok. My sister and her husband is staying with her until I get back this morning. I talked to them last night and they said she was doing great.  I was able to sleep last night. And I slept. I haven't slept that well in years.
     Yesterday was my birthday. My sister and her husband got me a gift card to IHOP and my husband and I went to breakfast to celebrate my birthday. While waiting when Mom was in surgery my family went to get lunch and they sung Happy Birthday to me in the lunch room. Thank goodness there wasn't many people in there or I would have been really embarrassed.  I got my canner! Though I won't be able to try it for a while, I opened it and looked at it and am very excited to use it. I am now reading the book that came with it so I will know how to use it when I get the chance.
     I am running behind already this morning. I should be on the road to the hospital. I will get there soon enough. I hope that Mom does well with her therapy. Today she should be getting out of bed and up in a chair.
     Thank you everyone who said prayers for her. We will need them to keep coming to help her get through the therapy she will need. Have a good day.

                                                                     April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment