Thursday, August 8, 2013

August 8, 2013 Linen closet issues again.

     Good morning. A quick walk around the garden showed nothing new. I am most pleased about the sunflowers. I have already collected a few and are drying them for the seeds to use next year. I have been growing and collecting these same flower seeds for years. It is always exciting to see them come up each year.
     Well the linen closet smells bad again. Which is very frustrating to me after all that work I did washing everything. At least I was smart enough to sort out everything that we didn't use on a regular basis and not put those things back in there. So now there is about a quarter of what there was to rewash. I think the odor might be coming from a couple of the small throw blankets that Mom likes. So I will rewash everything separately and box up those blankets and give it some time to see where the smell returns. Looks like a full day of laundry again. I don't think I will ever get anything else done except for laundry.
     Mom's bath day was yesterday. She hates baths. But I think both of us are beginning to accept the new roles we have. I think it is helpful to her that most of the time she doesn't know that I am her daughter. She thinks I am someone here just to help her, which I am, but it seems that me being a stranger bathing her is easier for her to take than her own daughter bathing her.
    Well I am off to start the never ending laundry pile. Have a good day.

                                                       April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment