Saturday, August 17, 2013

August 17, 2013

     Good morning. So I have been working on trying to finish cleaning out the chicken coop. I need to finish digging out all the excess dirt on the floor. It is a bigger job than I had imagined. But I think if I do a little each day eventually it will get done. I have been researching what kind of chickens I want. I believe I would like Rhode Island Red chickens. They tolerate the cold a little better than some of the others. Plus that is the kind that my husband said he wanted. I first have to get the coop finished before I can get chickens.
     Mom has been doing ok the last couple of days. Ok can seem like a very broad term. I don't know what else to say. Every day, every hour, every minute she is different. I never know from one minute to the next what she will be like or what will be on her mind. She has difficulty now in telling me what she is thinking. It is hard for her to put her thoughts into words. All I can do is make sure she is clean, feed, safe, and takes her medicine. I feeling that my life so far has been training me for this. I can see how different stages and things in my past was trying to prepare me for this time in my life. Though I didn't see it at that time, now I can see how it all relates to the daily actions of my life today. Everything we go through prepare us for our future. I just wonder what this time in my life is preparing me for.
     Have a good day.

                                                         April Whitehair

No comments:

Post a Comment